Families, I hope you are well and staying safe this summer. Due to recent Tarrant County restrictions and the increase of COVID-19 cases in the DFW community, here are a few changes that you need to be aware of:
1) Beginning tomorrow, June 26, 2020, if you are going to be on campus you must wear a face covering; this includes all staff, faculty, students, and families. Face coverings may consist of homemade masks, scarfs, bandanas, or a handkerchief.
2) On Monday, June 29, 2020, all extra-circular summer activities, including all athletic events/practices/workouts, are postponed until further notice.
3) Our re-enrollment period is extended until July 15, 2020. You will now have an extra two weeks to decide whether or not you are returning. Our school leadership is currently working through a detailed “re-entry” plan to accompany our recent “re-opening” announcement. This re-entry plan will layout the extensive precautions and measures that we are employing to help keep our families/students/staff/faculty safe. You will receive this announcement within the next week.
**It is pertinent that you decide your enrollment status by July 15, 2020. Despite the dreadful situation our community currently finds itself in, Grace still has a waitlist in many of our grades. If you are not returning, we need to know so that we can welcome new families.
4) Our August 1, 2020, Primary/Elementary co-teacher training will transpire through video. More information to come.
5) Our annual Back-to-Grace event, scheduled for August 3, 2020, has been canceled.
Thank you for your diligence and patience as we continue to traverse these unique times. Still, our goal is to be on campus, in person, August 12, 2020. Of course, we will exercise prudence in all of our actions and decisions. As always, we take comfort in knowing that God is in control.