Lion Guard is a school spirit organization whose mission is to provide the gift of encouragement to the athletes at GPA. The squads also participate in outside community service activities and projects as a regular part of our ministry.
The Lion Guard meets during regular class hours during the school year and attends some after-school practices and camps. In the past two years, they have participated in the Fellowship of Christian Cheerleading Camps. The Lion Guard is considered an elective class at GPA; participants receive one elective credit on their transcript. Tryouts are held each March for the following school year.
Girls who are chosen for Lion Guard will:
- Be of high character.
- Be discreet and not gossip.
- Be even tempered.
- Be highly regarded by peers.
- Be highly regarded by faculty/staff.
- Be respectful of the faculty/staff and fellow peers.
- For more information, contact Rhonda Satterfield.